Seriously, if you haven’t made these already….you’ve got to! The asparagus in my refrigerator has been calling my name so of course I headed over to Pinterest for some new ideas. Normally I’ll just grill them up but it was time that I switch it up a little bit. They were a hit with my fam-bam so I’m adding this to my family recipe book. I’ll definitely be making these again…and again…and again.
So, how do you make them? It’s simple!
- 1 pound of fresh asparagus, rinse and dried (I recommend the thin asparagus, but I’m positive you can’t go wrong with the thick ones too)
- 1 pound of thin-cut bacon
- olive oil, drizzle on top of bacon wrapped asparagus (not too much tho!)
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wrap the bacon around the asparagus and place on a baking sheet (I wrapped 3 asparagus to 1 piece of bacon. You can do it however you like.)
- Lightly drizzle olive oil on top of the asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Just a pinch of each.
- Bake until crispy and tender. The cooking time will vary for each person depending how they like their asparagus cooked.
This is my picture before they were cooked and I really regret not taking an ‘after’ photo. We devoured them too quickly. Next time, I’ll control myself and snap that photo.
Give them a whirl! You WON’T be disappointed!!! Yum!