THIS is definitely my favorite time of the month. My July Ipsy has arrived!!! (Late but worth the wait). Normally I always receive my glam bag on the 15th and I’m not sure what took so long this month but it seemed like fooorreeeeevvveerrrrrrr to receive it. I literally stalked my community mailbox for days.
For any of you that aren’t familiar with the Ipsy glambags, it is one of the cheapest ways to get 5 brand name cosmetics (mostly full sized) plus 1 super fabulous cosmetic bag for only 10$ per month. I’ve done other subscription boxes (ahem – birchbox) but was totally disappointed when I was paying for foil packets and super tiny samples. I’ve cancelled them all except for IPSY. I’ve gotten brands like Pop Beauty, Jessie’s Girl, Urban Decay, Marc Anthony, Be a Bombshell, OPI, NYX, Bare Minerals, Pixi Beauty just to name a few.
If I ever get an item that just isn’t my color, shade or style, I run a super fun Ipsy Glam Girl Swap group on Facebook where I can usually trade for something I do like. This month, I’m keeping every item. I just loved my bag!!
This is what was inside:
- BareMinerals – 5 in 1 advanced performance cream eyeshadow broad spectrum SPF 15. It’s a twist open bottle with a cushion applicator. I swatched it on my hand and imagine that I can some how use this. It felt like a primer with the pigment of an eyeshadow. It’s a really pretty brown, a little on the darker side but I think I can make this work. I’m curious to see how it does on my lids.
- Hang Ten dark tanning oil SPF 08 – It’s unusual for me to use a tanning oil but after reading a thread in my group in Facebook, I hear there are other ways to use this tanning oil. For one, you can use it in your hair to tame flyaways and to keep it silky & shiny. Also, I hear it’s a great deep conditioner. If you add some to your hair while you tan it will act as a nice hot oil treatment. Too cool, right? I’ll definately try that.
- Lavlin – Jojoba gel cream. This is known to restore the skins natural luster and suppleness (yes!!!). It will soften and hydrate dry skin and is excellent for over-exposure to the sun. Sounds awesome to me. As I was reading its details it says it’s also suitable for use in intimate areas…..uhhhh? What!? Why would you use this in an intimate area? Am I missing something?
- Pixi Beauty – mini tinted lip balm. My FAVORITE item in this bag!!! It came in the color “pretty in pink”. It’s almost like a smoother Chapstick with a faint shine. I love it!!
- Pur Minerals – big look waterproof mascara. I’m not the biggest waterproof mascara fan but after hearing other reviews about this product, I’m definately going to try it out. Pur Minerals gets a high five from me for their packaging. It’s so beautiful and fun. Especially the cap. Sparkles!!!!
- Last, the super feminine pink cosmetic bag. It comes with a zipper enclosure and it’s more oversized than past months so you can fit your new eyeliner pencils or lip pencils inside without stuffing them in.
I’d have to give Ipsy 2 thumbs up for the July Glambag. Do you have other uses for tanning oil? If love to hear. What were your favorite products this month? Leave a comment below and let me know what you loved and what might have been a fail for you.
Be Well, Beauties!!